Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cars themed Cake

Some people are aware I have a "hidden talent". My talent is decorating mediocre looking cakes. I'm no cake boss, but I am talented enough that people comment on my cakes. Some tell me they look great, some even say they taste great. I am very critical of my work, so I think they look OK. And the cake is from a box, so thank you Betty Crocker.

Cakes are very expensive to buy, so for dollars I can make and decorate a cake that is worth a small fortune in the cake business. I wanted to decorate the cake to fit the Cars theme, but also match the colors of the party. The colors being red, black, and white.

I took a little from a few Pinterest Pins, and created a pretty cute looking cake. Here are the Pins that gave me my inspiration:
I really liked this first one, and my cake was largely inspired by this cake, but it did need a little more pizzaz.
This next one was my favorite but I really wanted to stick to the colors and it was a little too colorful, so I settled on using the Cars logo sign (with Xander's name on it). 
This one was too red, but I liked that it really went with the color scheme, and I liked the checkered flags (not so many though). 
Lastly, I really liked the tires and the cones in this cake, but again I wanted to stick with the color scheme, so I opted for just making the tires.

Here is my version of a Cars themed Birthday Cake.... (Drum Roll please)

Obviously the cake doesn't look like one Pinterest Pin, but a compilation of Pinspirations. So since it was a big hit at the party, it's a Pinterest Success in my book. 

2 comments:

  1. think you did an awesome job! I stumbled apon your blog when I did a pinterest google search. Enjoying thumbing thru it. I am a pinterest addict too and do a segment on my own blog called "Pinterest Play Day".

    ReplyDelete
  2. think you did an awesome job! I stumbled apon your blog when I did a pinterest google search. Enjoying thumbing thru it. I am a pinterest addict too and do a segment on my own blog called "Pinterest Play Day".

    ReplyDelete